Nuffic certificate for Chinese students

If you are a Chinese national (even if you are currently living outside China) you have to get a Nuffic Certificate, to be eligible for a Dutch entry visa. This does not apply to Hong Kong (SAR), Macau (SAR) and Taiwan (ROC) nationals.

What is a Nuffic Certificate?

A Nuffic Certificate is a document issued by Nuffic that provides an assessment of your English language proficiency and of the authenticity of your educational degrees and diplomas. It ensures that all Chinese students are sufficiently qualified to pursue their studies and benefit from their stay in the Netherlands.

Who needs a Nuffic Certificate?

If you are a Chinese student and you want to enrol in an English-taught programme at a Dutch higher education institution you need to apply for a Nuffic Certificate (known as a Neso Certificate until 1 June 2010).

Once it has been issued, Nuffic sends this certificate directly to the Dutch higher education institution that you selected. The institution then forwards the certificate to the Dutch immigration authorities when applying for your entry visa.

Please note that the application for a Nuffic Certificate does not influence the regular admission procedures of Dutch higher education institutions.

How do you apply for a Nuffic Certificate? 

Read about the application procedure

Read about the required documents

Check the frequently asked questions

Chinese translation

Download the Chinese translation of this information(226.7 KB)

last modified Sep 09, 2013 04:28 PM
Was this information useful?