Universities of applied sciences
Getting practical work experience through internships is an important part of the professional study programmes offered at these institutions. The largest universities of applied sciences enrol 20,000 to 40,000 students. Altogether some 446,000 students are enrolled in professional programmes.
Duration of study programmes
- Associate (Ad): 2 years
- Bachelor (B) of [field of study]: 4 years
- Master (M) of [field of study]: 1-4 years
- Bacelor of Science (BSc): 4 years
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): 4 years
- Master of Science (MSc): 1-2 years
- Master of Arts (MA): 1-2 years
- LLB: 4 years
- LLM: 1 year
List of universities of applied sciences
This is a list of Dutch universities of applied sciences offering international degree programmes and short courses.
Watch a promotional video about Dutch universities of applied sciences on the website of the Vereniging Hogescholen (the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences)