A limited number of approximately 20 scholarships a year is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- highly motivated;
- living and working in Algeria;
- 20 to 45 years old;
- proficient in English;
- working in one of the priority areas fitting the MSP approach for Algeria;
- using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after the training;
- agreeing to the MSP obligations and conditions (133.87 kB).
You need English language skills because most courses are offered in English.
You have to be working within one of the following priority themes;
- safety and security
- youth entrepreneurship
- human rights
- local governance
- (renewable) energy
- (maritime) infrastructure
- water management
- environment, waste management
- agriculture/dairy and food processing
- small and medium enterprise development
You need an employer statement (105.61 kB) that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to Algeria. This is required because the MSP is focused at strengthening organisations by strengthening people.
If you are a civil servant in Algeria you need a signed government statement (25.71 kB). This certifies the support of the Algerian government for your MSP application.
To arrange a government statement, please contact your Ministry. Please note that this can take 4 to 8 weeks.
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application. Most of the courses are designed for professionals with at least a BSC-level (or equivalent) and a minimum of relevant working experience. Applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- that you work within the priority themes for Algeria as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- how you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
We especially encourage women to apply for a scholarship. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for women.
This is the provisional MSP course list for the application that is opening on 1 September 2021 and closing on 12 October 4 pm CET. Please note that some education institutions have an earlier deadline.
All courses are blended (online combined with face to face)
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
You have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission at IHE Delft.
Deadline: 16 August 2021
- Apply for a scholarship in Nuffic's online application system.
Application period: 1 September - 12 October 2021 16.00 CET.
Management of Irrigation and Drainage Systems
Water and Environmental Policy Analysis
Water Conflict and Cooperation
Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation in Deltas
River and Floodplain Rehabilitation
Urban Flood Management and Disaster Risk Mitigation
Water Conflict Management and Tools for Water Diplomacy
Water Resources Planning
Environmental Assessment for Water-related Policies and Developments
Flood Risk Management
Partnerships, Networks and Stakeholder Analysis in the Water Sector
Decentralised Water Supply and Sanitation
Solid Waste Management
Strategic Planning for River Basins and Deltas
Water Sensitive Cities
MDF Training & Consultancy
Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
RNTC Media Training Centre
The Hague Academy for Local Governance
University of Amsterdam (UVA)
Application deadline: 12 October 2021 4 pm CET
Power to the People: Activism and Grassroots Organising
The Circular City: Towards a Sustainable Urban Ecosystem
Introduction to Sexuality Studies
Advanced Summer Institute on Sexuality, Culture and Society
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
Governance and Food Safety in International Food Chains
Evaluating and Managing for Sustainable Development Impact
Managing Risk in the Face of Climate Change
Resilient and Sustainable Food Systems for a Food-Secure Future
Contemporary Approaches to Genetic Resources Conservation and Use
Integrated Seed Sector Development
Aquaculture Smallholder Business Development
Plant Breeders' Rights for Food Security and Economic Development
Integrated Pest Management and Food Safety
Milking to Potential
Horticulture Sector Development for Emerging Markets
Making Agriculture Work for Food and Nutrition Security
Water Stewardship in Action for Water and Food Security
Rural Entrepreneurship Africa
Agence Paysanne pour Economies Rurales
Potato Sector Development for Emerging Markets
The text continues below the picture.
How to apply
You always have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission through the education institution.
- Apply for the scholarship through Nuffic's online application system.
Contact the education institution of your choice well in time to receive more information about the application procedure and deadlines.
- Check whether you fit the requirements and approach for Algeria.
- Choose a course from the list above.
- Contact the education institution offering the course as soon as possible. We strongly advise you to contact the institution of your choice long before an application round opens, as additional academic requirements may be needed.
- Apply for an MSP scholarship through a link for Nuffic’s online registration system which you receive from the education institution. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Twice a year you can apply during an application round for a MSP, usually in February and in September. Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application.
The MSP is a very competitive scholarship. Only a small number of the best candidates receive a scholarship. The available scholarships are equally distributed across the participating countries, taking into account the available budget and the quality of the applications. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for female applicants.
Please contact the education institution where you want to study on questions regarding your application for the MSP scholarship. For other questions please feel free to contact Nuffic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other opportunities for Algeria
Don’t fit the MSP requirements? Or would you like to do another course? An independent and up-to-date overview of English-taught programmes in the Netherlands is available in the Studyfinder.
We also highlight the following other scholarships for Algeria: