A limited number of approximately 20 scholarships a year is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- highly motivated;
- living and working in Iraq;
- 20 to 45 years old;
- proficient in English;
- working in one of the priority areas fitting the MSP approach for Iraq;
- using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after the training;
- agreeing to the MSP obligations and conditions (133.87 kB).
You need English language skills because most courses are offered in English.
You have to be working within one of the following priority themes:
- social change
- economic development
Preference is given to the following organisations:
- youth/civil society organisations
- national organisations
- non-governmental organisations (NGO’s)
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s)
You need an employer statement (105.61 kB) that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to Iraq. This is required because the MSP is focused at strengthening organisations by strengthening people.
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application. Most of the courses are designed for professionals with at least a BSC-level (or equivalent) and a minimum of relevant working experience. Applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- that you work within the priority themes for Iraq as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- how you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
We especially encourage women to apply for a scholarship. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for women.
This is the provisional MSP course list for the application round that is opening on 1 September 2021 and closing on 12 October 4 pm CET. Please note that some education institutions have an earlier deadline.
Institute for Housing and Urban Development (IHS)
Application deadline: 10 October 2021 4 pm CET
MDF Training & Consultancy
Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
RNTC Media Training Centre
The Hague Academy for Local Governance
University of Amsterdam (UVA)
Application deadline: 12 October 2021 4 pm CET
Power to the People: Activism and Grassroots Organising
The Circular City: Towards a Sustainable Urban Ecosystem
Mindfulness and Compassion-based Interventions
Introduction to Sexuality Studies
Advanced Summer Institute on Sexuality, Culture and Society
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
"Studying in the Netherlands has opened up my world. The experience of being part of the Dutch culture for a while, and the international class room opened the window to the world for me. A unique opportunity to acquire knowledge and perspective, to grow."
Kamaran Palani, lecturer, alumnus from Iraq
How to apply
You always have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission through the education institution.
- Apply for the scholarship through Nuffic's online application system.
Contact the education institution of your choice well in time to receive more information about the application procedure and deadlines.
- Check whether you fit the requirements and approach for Iraq.
- Choose a course from the list above.
- Contact the education institution offering the course as soon as possible. We strongly advise you to contact the institution of your choice long before an application round opens, as additional academic requirements may be needed.
- Apply for an MSP scholarship through a link for Nuffic’s online registration system which you receive from the education institution. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Twice a year you can apply during an application round for a MSP, usually in February and in September. Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application.
The MSP is a very competitive scholarship. Only a small number of the best candidates receive a scholarship. The available scholarships are equally distributed across the participating countries, taking into account the available budget and the quality of the applications. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for female applicants.
Please contact the education institution where you want to study on questions regarding your application for the MSP scholarship. For other questions please feel free to contact Nuffic on email@example.com.
Other opportunities for Iraq
Don’t fit the MSP requirements? Or would you like to do another course? An independent and up-to-date overview of English-taught programmes in the Netherlands is available in the Studyfinder.
We also highlight the following other scholarships for Iraq: