Nuffic Neso South Africa
Neso South Africa focuses on the following activities:
- promoting Dutch higher education and increasing student and staff mobility between South Africa and the Netherlands;
- supporting students from the Netherlands to come to South Africa for study, research and internships;
- intensifying ties with the Holland Alumni network in Southern Africa;
- initiating and coordinating partnerships, like the NRF-Nuffic PhD programme and Living Labs;
- capacity building: implementation of the Orange Knowledge Programme in the region.
Our Neso South Africa office promotes and provides information on more than 2,100 study programmes taught in English in the Netherlands. We also initiate and facilitate institutional cooperation between South African and Dutch universities and work together with South African partners on capacity development through the Orange Knowledge Programme.
Orange Tulip Scholarship
The Orange Tulip Scholarship programme gives talented Southern Africans the opportunity to study in the Netherlands. It is offered by higher education institutions and coordinated by Nuffic Neso South Africa.
For more information about the Orange Tulip Scholarship in South Africa, kindly contact: email@example.com.
Orange Knowledge Programme
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to contribute to a society's sustainable and inclusive development.
This is achieved through strengthening the skills and knowledge of both individuals, groups of individuals and organisations. The programme offers scholarships, training, and institutional partnerships between education institutions in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and higher education, in fields related to the priority themes of the Dutch government:
- Food and nutrition security
- Water, energy, and climate
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and the rule of law
The programme aims for inclusion, employability, and a sustainable environment. It is delivered in 52 countries at different levels and it is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
These are some examples of OKP Institutional Collaboration projects delivered in South Africa:
- Bridging the water: co-create to learn & experience Sustainably strengthening the South African Education & Training Capacity
- Strengthening skills of TVET staff and students for optimizing water usage & climate smart agriculture in South Africa
- Strengthening Education and Agri-business interaction for sustained employment and agricultural Development in South Africa.
Information for students
All courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship are listed in our database of study programmes on the Study in Holland website. Please search for your programme using the filter 'OKP qualified - Yes'.
South Africa aspires to produce more doctoral graduates to increase its global competitiveness, high-level research skills and knowledge production. One way to achieve this is by creating international partnerships and networks between scientists and research institutions, with a focus on training doctoral students.
Next generation researchers
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa has a mandate to promote and support research through funding, human capacity development and the provision of the necessary research infrastructure. In order to realise this mandate, the NRF has made a substantial commitment and investment towards supporting the next generation of researchers. This will intensify and strengthen African and global networks.
The NRF and Nuffic partnership provides doctoral funding for South African citizens and permanent residents to study full-time in the Netherlands. It also supports agreements between Dutch higher education institutions and partner institutions in South Africa to enable joint doctoral degrees.
Information for students
The Holland Alumni Association of South Africa (HAASA) is an online community where Holland Alumni in South Africa can connect, share and discover the alumni activities take place in South Africa.
- Connect to your fellow alumni and expand your network.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with peers or Dutch businesses and spur your professional development.
- Discover what kind of events Neso South Africa has to offer - including career events - and how you can stay connected to the Netherlands.
Because you never really leave!
Register to join the Holland Alumni Community in South Africa today!
Study in South Africa
The Study in South Africa (SiSA) Desk is an initiative by Neso South Africa.
We inform students from Dutch education institutions about internships, research projects and study possibilities in South Africa. We also offer support in arranging practicalities and logistics before your stay and upon arrival.
The Cocreatemycity initiative is a collaboration with the Dutch embassy in South Africa. With a focus on cocreating innovative solutions for urban challenges, Neso South Africa is creating a living lab (Cocreatemycity CoLab) that will focus on smart and resilient cities.
You can find out more about other Cocreatemycity initiatives on the CocreateSA website.
Nuffic Neso South Africa
210 Florence Ribeiro Avenue
Phone: +27 12 346 0982
Meet the team
|Huba Boshoff||Chief Representative Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+27 84 247 1514|
|Itumeleng Dhlamini||Programme Manageremail@example.com||+27 12 346 0982|
|Jade Bailey||Education Promotion Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+27 66 297 9203|
|Meghan Rossouw||Mobility & Alumni Officeremail@example.com||+27 66 297 9201|
|Tshegofatso Gasealahwe||Finance & Operations Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+27 12 346 0646|
|Vhutshilo Makananise||Internemail@example.com||+27 12 346 0982|