Registering with the council

If you are staying in the Netherlands for more than four months you will need to go to the city council and register as a new resident of the town where you are living.

Registration regulations may vary from one council to another. It is best to contact your higher education institution or the council directly. They can tell you the exact registration procedure, including which documents you need to hand in (such as a valid passport, your rental contract and so on).

last modified Sep 09, 2014 12:44 PM