NN Future Matters Scholarship
At NN we want to take social responsibility by giving young people who are in need of support access to our means and expertise to help them create economic opportunities, overcome adversity and realise their dreams.
This scholarship is meant for students from selected countries who want to do their master’s in the Netherlands. These selected countries are the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey. The NN Future Matters Scholarship is financed by NN and administered by Nuffic.
Are you planning to do your master’s abroad? Are you studying in the field of finance, risk management or economics? Do you need financial support for your studies? And are you ready for the chance of a lifetime?
Apply for the NN Future Matters Scholarship in the Netherlands!
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000 (except for students from Turkey*). You will receive € 4,500 in two instalments of € 2,250 each in the first year of your master’s studies and € 500 at the end of your studies.
- You are from Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain or Turkey.
- You are applying for a full-time master’s programme in the field of finance, risk management or economics at one of the participating Dutch research universities.
- You have a minimum average score of 7 (out of 10) on BA level.
- You are starting your master’s studies in September 2017.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice.
- You are a first generation academic in your family, i.e. no parent or guardian has earned a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your family.
- Preferably you have not yet studied or worked abroad before.
How to apply
You need to first of all check if you meet the application criteria above.
If you meet the criteria, then check if the institution of your choice participates in the NN Future Matters Scholarship:
If the institution of your choice is on the list, then go the website of the institution, using the link in the overview document. You have to apply for the NN Future Matters scholarship at the institution.
A jury consisting of NN Group and Nuffic will select the applicants who will be granted the scholarship.
You need to apply before 1 May 2017 at the Dutch institution
You will be matched with an NN-mentor who will coach you throughout your studies. With this NN Future Matters scholarship and coaching programme, NN aims to help you engage in your own economic development.
* Part of the scholarship is meant for tuition fees. Students from non-EEA countries like Turkey pay a much higher tuition fee than EEA students, therefore the scholarship for Turkish students is larger. It amounts to € 3,000 plus the tuition fee for the relevant MA programme, up to a maximum of € 17,000.