Study programmes in Dutch
Even though there are many degree programmes taught entirely in English, you may want to practice your Dutch! More and more international students are enrolling in programmes taught in Dutch.
If you are looking for a programme or course conducted in Dutch, you can check the following websites:
Dutch language courses for international students
A number of university centres offer courses in Dutch as a second language. The courses are specially designed for foreign students who have otherwise qualified for admission to Dutch higher education, but must first prove that they have mastered the language sufficiently.
The courses are available at different levels: beginners, intermediate and advanced.
The advanced courses prepare students for the state examination in Dutch, known as the NT2 exam. If you want to be admitted to a research university or university of applied sciences, you must pass this course.
Some institutions have additional admission requirements. They might, for example, set their own exam based on their language-teaching method. Therefore, you should always ask the institution for detailed information about its admission requirements.
Prices and links
The prices of the courses vary considerably. The costs for a complete series of intensive lessons can range from € 250 to € 2,500. Often there are discounts for incoming international students.
Below is an overview of institutions offering NT2 courses, with their websites.
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences Language Centre
- Delft University of Technology: Centre for Languages and Academic Skills
- Eindhoven University of Technology: Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication
- Erasmus University Rotterdam: Language and Training Centre
- Fontys: Language Centre
- HAN University of Applied Sciences: HAN-Talencentrum
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences: Language Centre
- Leiden University: Academic Language Centre
- Maastricht University: Language Centre
- Radboud University Nijmegen: Radboud in'to Languages
- Tilburg University: Language Center
- University of Amsterdam: Institute for Dutch as a second language
- University of Groningen: Language Centre
- University of Twente: TCP Language Centre
- Utrecht University: Babel Talen
- VU Amsterdam: Department Dutch as a second language
- Wageningen University: Language
Studies about Holland itself
If you want to really get to know Holland, why not choose Dutch Studies?